Apr 21, 2009

sad day

Today I learned that Baby Kaden has died. Hearing that another baby is gone, I just feel such despair. Life is so fragile, so precious. We are amazingly grateful that Davis has done so well. But it seems like almost all the babies that have been born since have not been as fortunate. Baby Joseph, Maxton, Addison, Kaden... all of these sweet little souls are gone, and their parents are left with broken hearts and empty cradles. It doesn't seem like the survival rate is even 50%; it seems so much less. I hope we live to see the mystery of CDH solved. Even one more family having to go through this nightmare is too many. We will be holding Davis extra close tonight. 

4 comments:

Sarah and Barry Mayer said...

I couldn't agree more with your post. I hope we live to see CDH given the proper awareness it deserves and more research conducted on what the best course of treatment is for CDHers so the outcome is more favorable.

It is indeed a sad day. My thoughts and prayers are with the parents and families coping with the loss of their brave little cdh fighters.

Elizabeth said...

Hugs to you too. It is sad but I do agree with Sarah - we need more awareness of CDH to bring about medical research that will get the survival rate up.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers,
Elizabeth

Your Gospel-Loving Friend said...

Your son is just beautiful! I found your blog through Angel Maxton's... our son is now 2 1/2 & was a RCDH baby. I'm excited about the Letters for CDH that Kellie has set up!! hopefully that will bring CDH to people's awareness.

Irvin family said...

Davis is getting cuter and cuter.
We know whay you mean about holding Davis close. Of all the babies that I have followed that were due around the same time as Oakley, Davis is the only other survivor. Brian and I know we are truely BLESSED and thank God every day for Oakley. We pray for the families of the now angels daily to.


love Sheree